Links

7.21.2007

Les Vulnerables, A Cooperative Project


Rwanda Yearly Meeting of Friends, and Portland area Friends of Northwest Yearly Meeting are working to help vulnerable students in Rwanda. The next few posts will be about this project.

I am not a member of either of these Yearly Meetings, but I have many dear Friends in both. In February I visited Augustin Habimana and he and I did some research into the project which I brought back to Oregon. Portland Area Friends have taken this on as a project. The coordinator of the project is Carrie Hutchinson of Reedwood Friends Church. mother of Calder, an extremely young Quaker activist.

Contributions will go through EFI, I can put you in touch with Carrie if you want that address. If you don't need a tax deduction, or don't want to end up on EFI's mailing list, that paypal button on the left works, and for one week, all contributions will go to the vulnerable students project.